Fox Valley Church of Christ Core Beliefs
We believe the Bible to be the complete Word of God.
- That the 66 books of the Old and New Testament were inspired by the Spirit of God as originally written
- That the Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct · 2 Timothy 3:16
- We believe that it is in the scriptures that we find Jesus' calling to Discipleship. We understand discipleship to be the only calling and expectation of biblical Christianity. (Luke 9.23-26).
We believe in One God, Creator of all, holy, sovereign, eternal, existing in three equal Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. We believe God loves people. He is intimate and relational.
We believe Jesus was more than a good teacher or prophet. We believe he was, in fact, God in the flesh.
- Jesus lived a sinless life in order that He might be the atoning sacrifice for our sins.
- Jesus died, was buried, and on the third day, was resurrected.
- Jesus is Lord of all.
The Holy Spirit
We believe in the absolute and essential deity, and in the personality of the Holy Spirit
- Who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment.
- Throughout history and in the present day, the Holy Spirit has been demonstrated in miraculous form during the time of the apostles, poured out upon those whom God chooses, and indwelled in every believer at baptism.
- Who regenerates, indwells, seals, sanctifies, illuminates and comforts those who are disciples of Jesus.
We believe that Adam was divinely created in the image of God
- That by the sin of disobedience he fell (Genesis 3) and that after this fall, people lost the divine image and replaced it with a fallen image (Genesis 5.1-3)
- Mankind is restored to the images of God only in Christ, who is the second Adam (2 Corinthians 5).
We believe that salvation is God's gift
- God saves us through our faith in Christ
- That faith in Christ is expressed in our repentance (mind change).
- Repentance then leads to baptism and a resurrected life through Christ Jesus.
We believe that when a person is reborn into their new life, they become a part of the Kingdom of God. It is through the local Body of Christ that a person remains connected to Jesus (Colossians 1).
If you are interested in becoming a member, you can learn about that HERE
You can also contact us directly HERE